Chairman Tim Price called the meeting to order at 1:35 p.m.
In attendance: Rob Bistodeau, Dick Butler, John Clancy, Kathy Jones, Debra Losey, Patricia Mason, Beth Norton, Tim Price. Absent: Al Coan, Wendy Goo, Nancy Lo, Keith Sakuma.
The final version of the April 11, 2001 minutes was approved.
The final version of the May 2, 2001 minutes were approved, with amendment to correct/clarify the Administrative subcommittee concern expressed by Rob Bistodeau.
This was Patricia Mason's last EEOAC meeting before she leaves PFEL to take another job.
The paperwork for internship recruitment was completed and submitted, and it has been approved. The intern is to begin June 18th.
Work plans were discussed at the May 31, 2001 subcommittee meeting. Four preliminary work plans were developed for presentation to the EEOAC for approval.
Will continue with current work plan and quarterly updates. Initial accomplishment announcement covering Jan 1_ June1 is in draft form and ready to go to the SWR-EEOAC.
Listserver work plan was approved. They have at least 100 names so far that are ready to give to Rob. They have discussed methods of approaching people on the list, and are working with Rob to develop appropriate collection form & fields to have on the form. Discussion regarding PRA (Paperwork Reduction Act), and Tim said he will check into PRA requirements for required and optional fields. Beth Norton and Wendy Goo will meet and develop list for Rob. Tim will see if PRA will apply.
Maria Harris at WASC gave the Personnel Subcommittee a long list of names and organizations from WASC mailing lists used to advertise all kinds of annoucements over the last several years. The subcommittee is not sure how current the WASC list is, so they are thinking of doing a form letter mailing. They will check with Elizabeth Blas at WASC and let Tim know if an electronic version is available of the list.
Eight applications were received, and two were from 1st year college students. All the applicants are very good candidates. All candidates were given a one hour interview. The committee selected Marie Holts, and Irma Largomarsino will be her supervisor. The excellent slate of candidates was due primarily to the phone calls to follow up the arrival of the job announcement packages at the schools, and the involvement of teachers who sought out and encouraged students to apply. John is looking for mementos for the rest of the students. Tim suggested a follow up call to the teachers who wrote the letters to thank them for their help.
New members for SWR EEOAC
Tim asked all members to suggest possible candidates for the vacancies on our committee currently and for the future. Phaedra Green at PFEL is a JIMAR employee who wants to be on the committee and also does a lot of outreach already. Tim will check whether EEOAC members must be NMFS employees before presenting Phaedra's name to Rebecca Lent & Mike Tillman.
[Note: Tim checked the EEOAC bylaws and they say that members must be NMFS employees.]
New Work plans
New work plans can be submitted at anytime for approval. It was suggested that work plans try to incorporate some milestones to keep the plans moving along. Some discussion was started on one of the work plans on "Developing Speaker Materials" for the laboratory. Rosemary Troian presented this plan to the committee and indicated that there is a lot of support & interest in this idea from Dick Neal. Tim suggested that there be some focus on career opportunities, and Rosemary suggested that a game Al Coan suggested on Fishery Management might be developed & incorporated.
The group gave a "Yes" vote to continue to develop this plan.
The other plans will be discussed at future meetings.
The next meeting will be July 11 at 1:30 pm. John Clancy, Rob Bistodeau and Dick Butler said they will not be able to attend.
The meeting adjourned at 2:38 p.m.
All information in the web page was approved
by the SW EEOAC Executive Committee.
This site was last updated Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:34 AM