Chairman Tim Price called the meeting to order at 1:35 p.m.
July minutes: Tim will write up the July minutes from his notes.
November 6 minutes were approved.
Tim reported that he and John Clancy attended the combined Regional Management Team and Southwest Regional Board joint meeting and presented the Individual Development Plan Planning document. An e-mail was sent to all the attendees in advance of the meeting, giving them all the attachments. The only question received was about the potential training an employee might receive. People were told that the training had to meet the NOAA Fisheries mission. The board will have til Jan. 15 to review the documents and provide comments. The first week in Jan. Tim will send out a reminder.
Natalie Huff e-mail Tim, telling him that we would be receiving EEO Exhibit Boards with pockets that would contain handouts. These boards may just be going to the Region and Center Offices.
See entry discussing elections.
The program subcommittee will meet on Monday, Dec. 9. Clancy will provide an agenda and call-in information.
Rosalie said that the SubCommittee liked the IDP planning document. The listserver is up and running, but no vacancies have been posted to it. Tim will check with Maria Harris and Rosemary Troian will check with Ginny Hostler to see if there have been any vacancies during this time. Carlos Garza said that he had several vacancies which did not post.
The IDP guidance planning document is discussed under the Officers report section.
Rob discussed the membership of the 03 EEOAC. At the January meeting, officers will be elected. Members should check with people to see if they will accept nominations.
Rob went on to say that five people had volunteered to be on the committee. We are losing four people and gaining five people, resulting in membership from every Region location. Rob will work with Tim to draft a memo to Mike Tillman and Rod McInnis to ask them to increase our membership to 14 and approve the new members.
If anyone has comments about the Program subcommittee, please submit them to John Clancy so he can pass them on to the new committee.
Shella Merritt said that Scott Hill is anxious to have a tour on the DSJ. We dont want to drop this workplan.
Carlos Garza said that Natalie Huff called him to relate the fact that John Oliver was very pleased that we are listing vacancies on the SACNAS system. This positive feedback was welcome.
Tim closed the meeting by summarizing some accomplishments of the year.
The next meeting will be on January 8 at 1:30.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:30 p.m.
All information in the web page was approved
by the SW EEOAC Executive Committee.
This site was last updated Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:34 AM