EEO Advisory Committee
Chairman Tim Price called the meeting to order. The minutes were approved at the end of the meeting when a quorum was present.
Tim pointed out the progress of the committee since last August. We started with EEOAC classes that month, formed subcommittees, drafted 8 workplans, drafted a webpage, and presented the draft plans to Rod McInnis and Mike Tillman.
There were no reports from the Personnel or Program subcommittees. Rob Bistodeau reported for the Admin. subcommittee. The draft webpage was given high marks and Rob will make a few suggested changes to the site and will present another draft by the next meeting.
Because the Center and Region are separate FMPs, Rod McInnis and Mike Tillman will respond separately to the draft workplans. Mike Tillman has not responded yet, but the following are Rod McInnis responses.
1. High school/High Tech Student Intern-Temporary Student Career Experience Program. - approved.
2. Science Outreach Program - lets discuss.
3. Administrative and Scientific Careers at the SWFSC and SWR. - (pamphlet) - approved.
4. Awarding EEOAC Efforts Program - not approved. Rod said that he thought the performance evaluation program that is in place could be used to dispense awards for EEOAC work and that we did not need another award program.
5. Devise and Implement Procedures to Improve Recruiting Efforts of Minorities and Women - approved.
6. Southwest Region Equal Employment Opportunity Web Pages. - approved.
7. Southwest Region Administrative Functions Workplan - approved.
8. Review and Comment on the Achievement of EEO and AEP Goals and Objectives. - approved.
It was agreed that we need a lead person for the implementation of each of the approved workplans. Also, we should feel free to solicit help from our co-workers who are not members of the committee to complete the workplans.
Under new business, Tim announced that Sharon Kramer and Carole Gapuz had left federal service and therefore, will no longer be on the EEOAC. Miles Croom has resigned from the committee. Sharon had suggested that Margaret Tauzer take her place on the committee and Margaret participated in the meeting. Replacement members should come from the Region in order to keep the balance on the committee.
The meeting adjourned at 2:15pm.
The next meeting will be an audio call on Wednesday May 3 at 1:00.
All information in the web page was approved
by the SW EEOAC Executive Committee.
This site was last updated Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:34 AM