Attendees: Jessica Kondel, Miki Hirano, Rick Rogers, Rosemary Troian,
Absent: Tracy Snell, Rod Miller, Jerry Norton, Stefan Leeb, Jeff McLain. Advisor: Maria
Harris. Ana Liza Malabanan was a guest.
Chair Jessica Kondel opened the meeting. We only have 9 members on the EEOAC and 5 were
not available for the call. We decided to hold the meeting anyhow and abstain from any
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
The minutes of the February 1 meeting will have to be approved during the April
Chair: Jessica Kondel The EEOAC Bylaws state that we should have between 10 and
24 members. Currently, we only have 9 members, and no representation from Santa Cruz lab
or Santa Rosa office. Rosemary will contact Churchill at Santa Cruz to see if he has
anymore candidates. Jessica will contact Rod McInnis to see if there are candidates in
A national EEOAC video-conference call is scheduled for April 5 at 11:00 a.m. CA time.
Jessica said the officers of each EEOAC will attend. For the SW EEOAC, Maria will also
attend as a long time adviser. Natalie Huff said that the call would only be one hour
long, which doesnt seem long enough. Jessica will contact Natalie to see if the call
is still planned for April 5. Jessica will also suggest that Natalie require attendance by
a person from each Region and Center with defunct EEOACs in an effort to resurrect those
Rosemary reported that Jerry Norton is still working on the Intern Workplan. Stefan is
working with the career center to see if they need any help.
David Starr Jordan Workplan Rosemary reported that we are trying for a March 17
tour of the Jordan, if the ship will be out of dry dock by then.
No Program subcommittee meeting has been scheduled for March. Rosemary will e-mail the
subcommittee members to find a good time.
Miki reported that she will update the EEO list of members and subcommittee members.
Jessica will work to update the EEO minutes and agendas on the Web. An article which was
written about interns who served at the SWR has not yet been published in the NMFS EEO/
Diversity newsletter. That article will be posted on the EEOAC site for everyone to read.
Miki developed a draft of the bulletin board workplan. The workplan could not be
approved at this meeting due to lack of members. The workplan will be reviewed and
approved at the April meeting.
Personnel: Rick Rogers talked about the Listserver plan. Jeff McLain had sent some
examples of how Quickhire might be accessed. Maria said that there will be a major
overhaul of Quickhire in May but she didnt know what impact there would be relative
to this project. Because Quickhire requires a log-in process, maybe the best thing would
be to supply clients with the link to Quickhire instead of the actual vacancy
There was a discussion about the annual EEO report that was completed in January which
provides information about areas that need focus relative to EEO. The report requires that
the results be presented to management. Maria previously suggested that a workplan be
developed to provide information to management and for the EEOAC to review the report for
possible other workplans. Rosemary will check with Rod Miller about the Center report to
determine if there could be one or more workplans for the Center as well. Miki will have a
discussion about the Regions during the April Administrative subcommittee meeting.
All old business was discussed under other topics.
Our next meeting will be Wednesday, April 5 at 1:00.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:40 p.m.